So, we have a blog now. Sarah’s already shared my initial reaction (true story), but I've decided to give this my best shot. So to begin, I have a short anecdote (don't worry, I won't ever tell you about my bathroom visits).
The other day, when I was walking into work at Qualcomm I noticed this bird pacing back and forth in front of its reflection in the glass. It was so fascinated by this “other” bird and was completely oblivious to everything else going on. I thought to myself, “Ah silly bird, you won’t get far in life looking in the mirror, focused on something that’s not even real.”
Then I had to think, maybe this bird has more in common with myself than I’d like to admit. How often do I become distracted or worried by things that aren’t even real? Worse, how often do I live in a world all about me, oblivious to others and the Greater Reality all around me?
It says in the Psalms, “What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?” I believe that the answer to that question, doesn’t come from looking in the mirror, or from the opinions of others (good, bad, or indifferent), but from knowing the heart of our creator and God.
That’s the journey I want to be on. Not just mentally agreeing with that idea, but living it in a very practical way. Jesus Christ said He is the way and truth and the life, and that’s where we should look for answers. But like that bird, I get distracted easily. Thankfully, God has placed reminders (my wife for example) of reality to lead me away from my mirrors.
So, I don’t know how this blog will work out, whether anyone will care what I have to say (if you’re smart, you can just search for Sarah’s name and find her posts to avoid the filler…or just look for the posts with big words and correct grammar…). Regardless, I hope whoever reads this knows what the Novcoves are about. We’re serious about living life to the fullest, and there is only one answer for that…it’s Jesus.
Tom
3 comments:
It seems I'm like that little bird very often. Gracias, mi hermano.
yay. i'm glad you are blogging again! :)
Please forgive me, but... uh are you two living in different cities?
Post a Comment